Pages

Friday 17 July 2009

School's Out

I always thought of that Alice Cooper song as an anthem for freedom, but today I've seen the other side of the coin.

It's been a double-whammy of a sad day. On one hand, I had to go my son's leavers' assembly and say goodbye to his teachers. Then I had to go to back to work - at another school - and say goodbye to the year six pupils that I have worked with for the past year.

It's strange really, because I originally approached the school, offering to help out because I thought it might help me write better fiction for children. I soon got hooked though, and now I think it's fair to say the school is more important than writing.

Not much more to add to this, just that I'm going to miss a lot of those kids, and I know my son is going to really, really miss his old school.

No comments: